Since online students spend most of their instructional time away from the Redmond K-12 Online staff, the parents and /or guardians must be active participants in their children’s education. Here are some tips for how to help your child in the online setting:
- Create a quiet and distraction free study area in your home for your child
- Set your child’s online and offline study schedule
- Set academic expectations, and hold your child accountable for meeting your expectations with rewards and consequences
- Monitor your child’s progress using your Connexus Login.
- Communicate frequently with your child’s course instructors and Redmond K-12 Online staff
- Contact Redmond K-12 Online staff directly with questions or concerns as they arise